Enrollment for Admitted Students
Thank you for choosing Sussex Montessori School! We are excited to welcome our admitted students!
If you have received an invitation to enroll for the 2021-2022 school year, please download and print the Certificate of Intent to Enroll found below. You will need to submit this form by March 19th–or within 1 week of your invitation letter–in order to secure your child’s seat at the school. Please note, the Certificate of Intent to Enroll is a binding agreement that secures your child’s enrollment for the first year at Sussex Montessori School.
Ways to submit:
- Postmarked and mailed to Sussex Montessori School at: 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973
- Scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Returned in person to our Main Office
Already a Sussex Montessori Student? Please complete the Recommitment Form by March 31st. SMS Re-Enrollment Form (2021-2022)
Upon receipt of the Certificate of Intent to Enroll form, enrolled families may sign up for one of the Spring Welcome Sessions. During the Welcome Sessions, families will have the opportunity to meet school staff, tour a Montessori classroom, signup for activities, and complete required school registration forms.
*UPDATE: 2021 Spring Welcome Sessions have ended. For more information on required enrollment forms see Step 3 or call 302-404-5367.
Kindergarten Assessments will take place on Thursday, June 10, 2021. Kindergarten Assessments are important and will assist SMS in the preparation and classroom placement of your child. To sign up, please click on the Sign Up Genius icon below and select your time of choice. For questions about Kindergarten Assessments, please contact Peter McClure, Director of Teaching and Learning, at Peter.McClure@sussexms.k12.de.us.
Please complete and submit the following registration forms by the dates stated. Printed SMS registration forms are available at our Main Office.
Completed forms and documentation can be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via secure mail to: Sussex Montessori School, 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973.
Required Sussex Montessori Registration Forms – (Due no later than May 30th) Please click on form to download file.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Student Dismissal/Release List
- Transportation Contract
- Photo/Film/Interview Consent Form
- Parent/Guardian Agreement of Waiver of Liability, Indemnification, and Medical Release
- Weather Contingency Form
- Health Emergency Form
- Hand Sanitizer Permission Form
Required Federal Forms to be completed through Online Registration Portal
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form (Will need child’s State ID number to complete)
- Delaware Student Health Form
The required forms below can be found in the PowerSchool Enrollment New Student Registration Form for new students enrolled after September 1st. Newly Enrolled Students: Click here for New Student Registration Form in English. (Click here for Spanish)
Returning/Existing Students: Please click here for the Online Registration Link in English. (Click here for Spanish) A snapcode is required to access and update your child’s records. This code will be provided in your notification email. Please contact our office for more questions or assistance.
- Delaware DOE Home Language Survey
- Delaware DOE Agricultural Work Survey
- Military-Connected Youth Student Information Update Form
- McKinney-Vento Student Residency Questionnaire
Required Documentation to be submitted by Parent: (Please submit copies of these documents with your registration forms) – Due July 30th
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (One of the following: signed lease agreement, utility, cable/satellite TV bills within last 60 days.) Service and mailing address must match on the documents.
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Guardianship, Custody or Caregiver papers (if applicable)
- Proof of Immunizations and Physical (physical must have been within the last 2 years)
- Copy of IEP (if applicable)
- Copy of 504 Plan (if applicable)
Additional Forms & Resources: (complete if interested/applicable)
- Carpool Interest Form
- Volunteer Form
- Residence Verification Form if requested by school
- Nemours Student Health Form (for Nemours patients)
- SMS Enrollment Preference
Do you have additional questions about applications and enrollment?
For questions about the required registration forms / enrollment packet, please call the office at 302-404-5367 or email us at email@example.com. Click HERE for frequently asked questions about Sussex Montessori’s application and enrollment process.