Enrollment for Admitted Students
Thank you for choosing Sussex Montessori School! We are excited to welcome our newly admitted students!
If you have received an invitation to enroll for the 2024-2025 school year, please download and print the Certificate of Intent to Enroll found below. You will need to submit this form by March 15th – or within 1 week of your invitation letter – in order to secure your child’s seat at the school. Please note, the Certificate of Intent to Enroll is a binding agreement that secures your child’s enrollment for the first year at Sussex Montessori School.
Ways to submit:
- Postmarked and mailed to Sussex Montessori School at: 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returned in person to our Main Office
Already a Sussex Montessori Student? Please complete the Recommitment Form by March 15th. SMS Re-Enrollment Form (2024-2025)
Upon receipt of the Certificate of Intent to Enroll form, enrolled families may sign up for one of the mandatory Spring Welcome Sessions. During the Welcome Sessions, families will have the opportunity to meet school staff, signup for activities, and complete required school registration forms.
Click on the SignUp Genius icon below to sign up for one of our upcoming Welcome Sessions (mandatory) & Kindergarten Assessment (optional).
Kindergarten Assessments are optional and will assist SMS in the preparation and classroom placement of your child. Interested families may sign up for a Kindergarten Assessment by clicking on the Sign Up Genius icon above and select your time of choice. For questions about Kindergarten Assessments, please contact Jori Martinez-Woods, Director of Teaching and Learning, at Jori.Martinez-Woods@sussexms.k12.de.us.
Families will need to complete and submit the following school registration forms by the dates stated. A packet of these intake forms will be provided at the Spring Welcome Sessions or may be picked up at our main office.
Completed forms and documentation can be sent by email at email@example.com or via secure mail to: Sussex Montessori School, 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973.
Required Sussex Montessori Registration Forms
- Emergency Contact Form/ Dismissal Release List
- Transportation Contract / Bus Safety & Etiquette Form (please submit before June 30th)
- Photo/Film/Interview Consent Form
- Parent/Guardian Agreement of Waiver of Liability, Indemnification, and Medical Release
- Delaware DOE Home Language Survey
- Delaware DOE Agricultural Work Survey
- Military-Connected Youth Student Information Update Form 2024-2025
- McKinney-Vento Student Residency Questionnaire
Required Documentation to be submitted by Parent: (Please submit copies, not originals, of these documents with your registration forms)
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (one of the following: signed lease agreement, utility, cable/satellite TV bills within last 60 days.) Service and mailing address must match on the documents.
- Photo ID (i.e. license) of Parent/Guardian
- Guardianship, Custody or Caregiver papers (any court documents if applicable)
- Copy of IEP (if applicable)
- Copy of 504 Plan (if applicable)
Health & Medical Forms
- Delaware Student Health Form (Grades PK-6) use these forms if your pediatrician office does not print out a summary to include the below information
- Nemours Child Health Appraisal (for Nemours patients) this is the Nemours Summary which will include physical, immunizations, lead screening, TB risk or PPD.
- Emergency Health Form
- Student Health History Update Form
- Proof of Immunizations and Physical (physical must have been within the last 2 years. Forms provided by Physician’s office)
- Emergency Action Plans (from Physician’s office for asthma, allergies requiring Epi pen)
Required Federal Forms to be completed through Online Registration Portal
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form (Will need child’s State ID number to complete) Complete after July 1st
Additional Forms & Resources: (complete if interested/applicable)
- Carpool Interest Form
- Volunteer Form
- Residence Verification Form if requested by school
Do you have additional questions about applications and enrollment?
For questions about the required registration forms / enrollment packet, please call the office at 302-404-5367 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE for frequently asked questions about Sussex Montessori’s application and enrollment process.