Enrollment for Admitted Students
Thank you for choosing Sussex Montessori School! We are excited to welcome our admitted students!
If you have received an invitation to enroll for the 2022-2023 school year, please download and print the Certificate of Intent to Enroll found below. You will need to submit this form by March 18th – or within 1 week of your invitation letter – in order to secure your child’s seat at the school. Please note, the Certificate of Intent to Enroll is a binding agreement that secures your child’s enrollment for the first year at Sussex Montessori School.
Ways to submit:
- Postmarked and mailed to Sussex Montessori School at: 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973
- Scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Returned in person to our Main Office
Already a Sussex Montessori Student? Please complete the Recommitment Form by February 15th. SMS Re-Enrollment Form (2022-2023)
Upon receipt of the Certificate of Intent to Enroll form, enrolled families may sign up for one of the Spring Welcome Sessions (date TBD). During the Welcome Sessions, families will have the opportunity to meet school staff, tour a Montessori classroom, signup for activities, and complete required school registration forms.
Click on the SignUp Genius icon below to sign up for one of our upcoming Welcome Sessions (mandatory) & Kindergarten Assessment (optional).
Kindergarten Assessments are important and will assist SMS in the preparation and classroom placement of your child. To sign up, please click on the Sign Up Genius icon above and select your time of choice. For questions about Kindergarten Assessments, please contact Peter McClure, Director of Teaching and Learning, at Peter.McClure@sussexms.k12.de.us.
Please complete the PowerSchool Online Registration for newly enrolled students: Click here for New Student Registration Form in English. (Click here for Spanish)
Online Registration Returning/Existing Students: Please click here for the Online Registration Link in English. (Click here for Spanish) A snapcode is required to access and update your child’s records. This code will be provided in your notification email. Please contact our office for more questions or assistance.
Please complete and submit the following school registration forms by the dates stated. Printed SMS registration forms are available at our Main Office.
Completed forms and documentation can be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via secure mail to: Sussex Montessori School, 24960 Dairy Lane, Seaford, DE 19973.
Required Sussex Montessori Registration Forms – Please click on form to download file.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Student Dismissal/Release List
- Transportation Contract (please submit before June 30th)
- Photo/Film/Interview Consent Form
- Parent/Guardian Agreement of Waiver of Liability, Indemnification, and Medical Release
- Weather Contingency Form
- Delaware DOE Home Language Survey
- Delaware DOE Agricultural Work Survey
- Military-Connected Youth Student Information Update Form 2022-2023
- McKinney-Vento Student Residency Questionnaire
Health & Medical Forms
- Delaware Student Health Form (Grades PK-6) / Nemours Child Health Appraisal (for Nemours patients)
- Emergency Health Form
- Student Health History Update Form
- Hand Sanitizer & Sunscreen Consent Form
- Point of Care COVID Testing Consent Form (form provided by school nurse)
Required Federal Forms to be completed through Online Registration Portal
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form (Will need child’s State ID number to complete) Complete after July 1st
Required Documentation to be submitted by Parent: (Please submit copies of these documents with your registration forms) –
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (one of the following: signed lease agreement, utility, cable/satellite TV bills within last 60 days.) Service and mailing address must match on the documents.
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Guardianship, Custody or Caregiver papers (any court documents if applicable)
- Proof of Immunizations and Physical (physical must have been within the last 2 years. Forms provided by Physician’s office)
- Emergency Action Plans (from Physician’s office)
- Copy of IEP (if applicable)
- Copy of 504 Plan (if applicable)
Additional Forms & Resources: (complete if interested/applicable)
- Carpool Interest Form
- Volunteer Form
- Residence Verification Form if requested by school
- SMS Enrollment Preference
Do you have additional questions about applications and enrollment?
For questions about the required registration forms / enrollment packet, please call the office at 302-404-5367 or email us at email@example.com. Click HERE for frequently asked questions about Sussex Montessori’s application and enrollment process.