Applications are available on www.schoolchoicede.org
How do I enroll my child in Sussex Montessori School?
Sussex Montessori School (SMS) will advertise the open application period from the first Monday in November through the second Wednesday in January (specific dtes to be published annually) of the
year preceding enrollment.
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year lottery closed January 8, 2020. All applications submitted after January 8, 2020 will be placed on a waiting list beneath all lottery applicants and in order of date received.
- Applications are available on www.schoolchoicede.org
- The lottery is scheduled to be drawn on January 29th and all families who applied during this period should expect to hear from SMS during the month of February.
2020-2021 APPLICANTS SHOULD CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
NEED ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE?
Sussex Montessori staff and volunteers are available to assist families with the online application. Contact the school to schedule an appointment.
LOTTERY & WAIT LIST:
- If oversubscribed at the end of the open application period, SMS will publicize and hold a lottery, applying preferences as stated in school’s charter and in accordance with state law.
- Applications received after the open application period will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the lottery has been concluded and will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- When there are more applicants for grade level enrollment than ‘seats available,’ admissions preferences shall be applied in the following sequence:
- Children with siblings concurrently enrolled at SMS
- Children of the school’s founders (no more than 5% of the school’s total enrollment)
- Children of staff members employed on a permanent basis at the school for at least 30.0 hours per week during the school year
Following acceptance of the invitation to enroll, a Parent Enrollment Letter will be sent providing information about student registration, to include a Certification of Intent to Enroll – the one-year commitment to ensure the student remains enrolled at the school for one full year, as prescribed by law.
When a lottery is needed, it shall be facilitated by the Data Service Center, a third-party Servicer NOT affiliated with Sussex Montessori School. For more than 30 years, DSC has worked closely with schools and districts to develop applications specifically addressing their data collection, processing, and reporting needs.
For more details Sussex Montessori School Enrollment Policy is available upon request.