Talk with Our Admissions Team [VIRTUAL] ~ Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 6pm:
Here’s a great opportunity to meet our admissions staff and learn about Sussex Montessori Admissions’ process, including open enrollment and school choice applications. Learn about our unique learning methods and see why many family are choosing Montessori education over traditional instruction. Click here for more information and to sign up for this session. Invite a friend!
Choice applications are available on www.schoolchoicede.org until Wednesday, January 13, 2020.
How do I enroll my child in Sussex Montessori School?
Sussex Montessori School (SMS) will advertise the open application period from the first Monday in November through the second Wednesday in January (specific dates to be published annually) of the year preceding enrollment.
- Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be available online as of November 2, 2020 at 8:00 am.
- Sussex Montessori will accept applications for NEW Delaware students in grades K-4 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Applications will be available on www.schoolchoicede.org Click for Parent Quick Tips on submitting a choice application.
- Students who are currently enrolled at Sussex Montessori School do not need to reapply.
NEED ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE?
Sussex Montessori staff and volunteers will be available to assist families with the online application. Please contact the school at 302-404-5367 to schedule an appointment. Habla Español? Llame al 302-497-3785.
LOTTERY & WAIT LIST:
- If oversubscribed at the end of the open application period, SMS will publicize and hold a lottery, applying preferences as stated in school’s charter and in accordance with state law.
- Applications received after the open application period will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the lottery has been concluded and will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- When there are more applicants for grade level enrollment than ‘seats available,’ admissions preferences shall be applied in the following sequence:
- Children with siblings concurrently enrolled at SMS
- Children of the school’s founders (no more than 5% of the school’s total enrollment)
- Children of staff members employed on a permanent basis at the school for at least 30.0 hours per week during the school year
Following acceptance of the invitation to enroll, a Parent Enrollment Letter will be sent providing information about student registration, to include a Certification of Intent to Enroll – the one-year commitment to ensure the student remains enrolled at the school for one full year, as prescribed by law.
When a lottery is needed, it shall be facilitated by the Data Service Center, a third-party Servicer NOT affiliated with Sussex Montessori School. For more than 30 years, DSC has worked closely with schools and districts to develop applications specifically addressing their data collection, processing, and reporting needs. More details on Lottery…
For more details Sussex Montessori School Enrollment Policy is available upon request.